Skip to main content

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

Last week I went to Disneyland with my brothers, my sister, my parents, my grandparents, and my aunt. It was absolutely a wonderful time.
 I was so elated to be back with my family. This picture was taken outside of the airport when I was with my sister once again!
 On our first day there the park was really crowded. We got there on Mother's Day, Sunday. So most of the rides had really long waiting lines. We were kind of excited about going on our first (technically second if you include the Monorail) ride, Tarzan's Treehouse.
 After Tarzan's Treehouse we went to lunch and then went on the Winnie the Pooh ride. It didn't have a very long line either. :)
The entire time we were at Disneyland my parents were being super lovey-dovey-like, hand-holding galore! This year is their 25th year of being married.  It was cute.
Perhaps one of the greatest parts of Disneyland was just being able to go on one last vacation with my grandparents. My grandpa turned 82 on Saturday! This is my Grandpa at breakfast reciting some cowboy poetry. He's an amazing man. 
One of my Grandma's biggest concerns on going on vacation was leaving behind her highly spoiled dog, Coco. She is a cutie but I forgot to get a picture of her. Coco enjoys a diet of buttered rolls and waffles and syrup. She barely survived the week we were in Disneyland since she was only eating dog food. :P
Greg was able to come to Disneyland during his final finals week. He graduated from college this past week with a Bachelor's Degree in English. He was only able to be there from Sunday-Tuesday but it was still wonderful to have him there. 
My Grandpa is so awesome. He went on Grizzly River Raft Run even though he got totally soaked. What a good sport. :)
One thing I noticed at Disneyland was my siblings have become my closest friends. There is no one I would rather be with. They're all so different but we're all so similar too. They're the best. 
The highlight of the vacation was probably going to the beach. It was my first time in my memory of ever seeing the ocean. I saw it once as a little kid but I don't remember it at all.  
Greg, Sean, and Dad played in the ocean a lot more than the girls did. My mom kept saying that Greg is a fish out of water.
 We went to the beach at night so we could see a beach sunset. It was absolutely gorgeous. It made for some wonderful pictures. This picture is of my parents.
 All the kids with dad. :)
 I love this picture. Lots :)
 We took a picture facing the other direction so we could have the orange glow. We all look super tan! I like it. :)
 It was definitely a wonderful experience being at the beach with my family. It was a beautiful place with beautiful people. :)
Now, you didn't think I would go to Disneyland and not take at least one flower picture, did you? :P
 Another highlight of the trip was going to the water show, World of Color. It was so cool! We sat in the wet zone. They weren't kidding when they said you got wet. 
 When the fire came out it was a wave of warmth. It was so nice. :)
This is us at the very end. Notice how wet we are. Hahaha. Awesome. 
 It was a really cool show. If you are going to Disneyland anytime soon you should definitely see it.
 On Wednesday we were trying ride the new Toy Story Mania ride which by the afternoon would have a huge waiting line. So we got to the park early so we could go straight to it. When they finally let us into the park a guy walked in with his arms in the air as if he had just finished a marathon. Hahaha Then of course, just our luck, the ride was closed until later that afternoon.
 Each time we went on a ride with a photo we planned out our picture. This is definitely the best one. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. People were pointing at our picture and laughing at it. Hahaha.
 Wednesday night I looked up some Disneyland secrets. Did you know they have a basketball court in the Matterhorn? Also, on Indiana Jones when it feels like you are moving backwards because of the boulder you are actually not moving at all. The walls are moving forward! It was interesting to discover. Anyway, this dot right here marks the center of Disneyland. It is right past the Sleeping Beauty Castle.
I absolutely loved these flowers. :)
On our final day we went on Winnie the Pooh again. It was great. :)
Another Disneyland secret: Club 33. Club 33 is a private club. We were lucky enough to drop by as a lady was letting some people in. We got a sneak peak of the lobby. 

 Club 33 is located in New Orleans if you ever go searching for it. :)
On Thursday we finally went on Toy Story Mania. It is a nifty ride. You play a series of six mini-games. We really enjoyed it.
Sean did beat me though. My brothers will always be better at video games than me.

One last story. On our last day there, Thursday, we went on Pirates of the Caribbean. There was a large group of about 30 Asians in front of us and we don't think they spoke English very well. Every single one of them had a camera and each one of them took a picture every two seconds on the ride. There were so many flashes that we couldn't see a thing. Someone even got on the loudspeaker and asked them to stop taking flash pictures but they didn't. It definitely is a funny memory.

All in all, Disneyland was just a fabulous time. I love anytime I get to spend with my family. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Each of our temples is an expression of our testimony that life beyond the grave is as real and as certain as is our life here on earth." -President Thomas S. Monson

I've enjoyed my time in Utah this week. My favorite day was Thursday by far. I went to lunch with my cousin Ashley. I am so excited to live in the same city as her. She is just great. Later that day, I went up to Temple Square with my friend Jordan. The temple is just such a beautiful sight; I absolutely love it.  The beauty of the exterior of temples just parallels the astounding beauty of all of the covenants that are made within its walls and the beauty of the spirit that is there. All around the temple grounds there were tulips. And in case you haven't been blog stalking me, I love flowers especially tulips. Jordan kept making fun of me because I would stop every five feet to take another picture.... hahaha. So enjoy! I highly enjoy this bird's feather... 30 Rock anyone?

“If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story.” -Orson Welles

During freshman orientation, we had one ceremony called "Tradition of Honor." We sat outside the porch of Main Hall and took a pledge to honor. All of the orientation leaders said it was so significant because you started your time outside of Main Hall and you would end your time outside of Main Hall with graduation. On that day, I pictured myself graduating and getting my diploma. I never thought I would transfer. Well, this is it...my last day in Virginia. I've been trying to decide what to write my last blog on for my Virginia experience. I could go on forever about my countless experiences. I could talk about the fact that finals were insanely crazy. I could talk about some adventures I've had over the past few days. But, none of those represent what Virginia was for me. Virginia was the opportunity to meet wonderful people. The people at  the school makes it great. My heart is just so full of gratitude for all of the people I have been so honored to meet. S

A Beautiful Day to Start a Blog

Well, I have officially joined the blogging community. Yay! I've been thinking about joining it for a while now but recently it's been on my mind more. A lot of my friends have started blogs and I always enjoyed reading their posts, so hopefully people will enjoy reading mine. :) Designing this blog has made me feel like I'm back in middle school and using Myspace again. I always loved picking Myspace layouts. As I designed it I remembered helping my friends pick out layouts for their pages.  It was so much fun. Facebook is lame in that regard. The only thing you can really change about it is your profile picture. Sure you can spam your wall with Farmville posts but Myspace just enabled so much creativity. I'm pretty much starting a blog so I can stay in touch with people. I have been away from home for a year now and I miss knowing about my friends lives at home. Now that I'm transferring to a college in Utah, I want to stay in touch with my Virginia friends an