Skip to main content

"Each of our temples is an expression of our testimony that life beyond the grave is as real and as certain as is our life here on earth." -President Thomas S. Monson

I've enjoyed my time in Utah this week. My favorite day was Thursday by far. I went to lunch with my cousin Ashley. I am so excited to live in the same city as her. She is just great. Later that day, I went up to Temple Square with my friend Jordan. The temple is just such a beautiful sight; I absolutely love it.  The beauty of the exterior of temples just parallels the astounding beauty of all of the covenants that are made within its walls and the beauty of the spirit that is there. All around the temple grounds there were tulips. And in case you haven't been blog stalking me, I love flowers especially tulips. Jordan kept making fun of me because I would stop every five feet to take another picture.... hahaha. So enjoy!























I highly enjoy this bird's feather...




30 Rock anyone?

Comments

  1. I really like some of those temple pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Liz Lemon!
    And yay more for flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story.” -Orson Welles

During freshman orientation, we had one ceremony called "Tradition of Honor." We sat outside the porch of Main Hall and took a pledge to honor. All of the orientation leaders said it was so significant because you started your time outside of Main Hall and you would end your time outside of Main Hall with graduation. On that day, I pictured myself graduating and getting my diploma. I never thought I would transfer. Well, this is it...my last day in Virginia. I've been trying to decide what to write my last blog on for my Virginia experience. I could go on forever about my countless experiences. I could talk about the fact that finals were insanely crazy. I could talk about some adventures I've had over the past few days. But, none of those represent what Virginia was for me. Virginia was the opportunity to meet wonderful people. The people at  the school makes it great. My heart is just so full of gratitude for all of the people I have been so honored to meet. S

How President Nelson Exemplified the Day of Miracles Has Not Ceased

During the Sunday Morning Session, Elder Donald L. Hallstrom, General Authority Seventy, echoed the question Moroni posed, “Has the day of miracles ceased?” He then affirmed with his words that God still performs miracles. Then, President Russell M. Nelson, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, affirmed it with his actions. As soon as the closing prayer’s “amen” was uttered, President Nelson broke tradition. Instead of waiting for President Henry B. Eyring, first counselor in the First Presidency, to come shake his hand, President Nelson met him halfway, right behind the podium (see above screenshot). He whispered something in President Eyring’s ear, and then the camera cut away. I can’t tell you exactly what happened next. But here’s what I assume. I assume the conversation between the two included President Nelson telling President Eyring that he needed to visit his quorum member, Elder Robert D. Hales.  He then left the Conference Center and headed straight to