Skip to main content

“If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story.” -Orson Welles

During freshman orientation, we had one ceremony called "Tradition of Honor." We sat outside the porch of Main Hall and took a pledge to honor. All of the orientation leaders said it was so significant because you started your time outside of Main Hall and you would end your time outside of Main Hall with graduation. On that day, I pictured myself graduating and getting my diploma. I never thought I would transfer.

Well, this is it...my last day in Virginia.

I've been trying to decide what to write my last blog on for my Virginia experience. I could go on forever about my countless experiences. I could talk about the fact that finals were insanely crazy. I could talk about some adventures I've had over the past few days. But, none of those represent what Virginia was for me. Virginia was the opportunity to meet wonderful people. The people at  the school makes it great. My heart is just so full of gratitude for all of the people I have been so honored to meet.

So that's what I decided to do for this blog post. A tribute to you, the people in Virginia. Please don't be offended if you aren't in here. It doesn't mean that you weren't important in my life. It just means I didn't have a picture with you hahaha. :)

-Chloë-One of my roommates during first semester. She instantly became one of my closest friends.














-The original girls of room 217: Alycia, Julia, Kimbre, and Jayna. I love these four people so much. They were some of my first friends outside of room 217 and we've just been able to magnify that friendship.















-Whitney and Nicole. I'm so glad I met these two. I met Whitney at Orientation and I met Nicole shortly afterwards. They have definitely brought many smiles into my life.













-Haylea, Rachel, and Alexa. These three girls are the perfect example of what roommates should be, best friends. I loved being in their room and just feeling of their love for each other.





-My twin, Bryndy. I am really going to miss being mistaken for her. It's always such an honor to have someone call me Bryndy because Bryndy is just amazing.















-Sara. One girl who could always make me laugh. I loved spending time with her so much and I'm so glad she'll be in Utah so we can still be friends.











-Kim. One of my role models. I love her so much.






-Tori. This girl is hilarious. She always knew how to make me laugh. She is just one of the best.
-Amy, Lauren, Hannah, and Dain. These four ladies are absolutely marvelous. Amy and Lauren lived across the hall for me for some time and I loved seeing their smiling beautiful faces. Dain served with me on Relief Society Activities and she was just a wonderful person. Hannah has been another one of my role models. Through her example, I have learned so much.


-Jordan. He was the first person I met in Virginia. We met in the Roanoke Airport in fact, hahaha. I'm glad we met because without him I would have no one to play Nertz or Ticket to Ride with!
-Todd and Chanson. My music history buddies. I've never been in such a good mood in my morning classes! These two were so much fun. I will never forget one day in music history I asked Chanson how he was and he said, "I'm dandy! Like a lion. You know, dandelion."

-But out of everyone I have met here there have been two people who have become my best friends. They are more like sisters to me than anything. Keldonna and Avy are the people I will miss most in Virginia. They have been the best roommates ever. We have had good times, bad times, fun times and funny times but any time with them has been the best time. I'm going to miss more than words can describe.

























So Virginia, I guess this is goodbye. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people. Even though this is the end of my time here, some of the friendships I have made will go on forever. The Virginia chapter of my life isn't just a chapter.

Comments

  1. It's been 22 years since I left Virginia and I stll miss the redbuds and dogwoods in the Spring, the leaves in Autumn, and my friends always. I'm glad one child got to experience the beauty of Virginia and Virginians--be they natives or fellow travelers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Each of our temples is an expression of our testimony that life beyond the grave is as real and as certain as is our life here on earth." -President Thomas S. Monson

I've enjoyed my time in Utah this week. My favorite day was Thursday by far. I went to lunch with my cousin Ashley. I am so excited to live in the same city as her. She is just great. Later that day, I went up to Temple Square with my friend Jordan. The temple is just such a beautiful sight; I absolutely love it.  The beauty of the exterior of temples just parallels the astounding beauty of all of the covenants that are made within its walls and the beauty of the spirit that is there. All around the temple grounds there were tulips. And in case you haven't been blog stalking me, I love flowers especially tulips. Jordan kept making fun of me because I would stop every five feet to take another picture.... hahaha. So enjoy! I highly enjoy this bird's feather... 30 Rock anyone?

How President Nelson Exemplified the Day of Miracles Has Not Ceased

During the Sunday Morning Session, Elder Donald L. Hallstrom, General Authority Seventy, echoed the question Moroni posed, “Has the day of miracles ceased?” He then affirmed with his words that God still performs miracles. Then, President Russell M. Nelson, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, affirmed it with his actions. As soon as the closing prayer’s “amen” was uttered, President Nelson broke tradition. Instead of waiting for President Henry B. Eyring, first counselor in the First Presidency, to come shake his hand, President Nelson met him halfway, right behind the podium (see above screenshot). He whispered something in President Eyring’s ear, and then the camera cut away. I can’t tell you exactly what happened next. But here’s what I assume. I assume the conversation between the two included President Nelson telling President Eyring that he needed to visit his quorum member, Elder Robert D. Hales.  He then left the Conference Center and headed straight to