Skip to main content

"This is beyond anything I have imagined." -Albus Dumbledore


First of all, I am absolutely stoked to see Harry Potter! I have totally scheduled my midterms around the midnight premiere. Hahaha I took one today, I am taking one tomorrow, and the other one I am taking on Monday.
 School is so wonderful. The past four days have been so great. It all started out on Sunday. I started the day out just kind of in a bad mood. I really missed Virginia. I went to church and then took a nap and then my day totally changed. 
I went over to my friend Emily's apartment and we played this super fun card game called Bohnanza. Anyone who knows me knows I love games and I seriously think I might have to add this one into my collection. The game basically consists of planting beans, trading beans, and selling beans. 
After that we watched Muppets from Space. Can I just say that I am super excited for the new Muppets movie to come out? Oh and I am also really excited to see the Winnie the Pooh movie. :) I love children's movies. They're just the best.
Anyway, that night there was a Relief Society Fireside and Sheri Dew came and spoke to us. 
Her fireside was so amazing. There are just those moments when you can feel the spirit penetrating every inch of a room. After my morning of missing Virginia, one of her remarks really struck me. "You're here now because you are supposed to be here now." Hearing these words I just felt the strongest affirmation of the spirit that I had a purpose and a reason to be here in Utah.  It was just an amazing fireside.
So then I came home from the fireside and decided to take a shower. My roomies were both out of town and the one thing that creeps me out when I'm home alone is showering. So I am in the shower and I hear someone knocking on my door. I shrugged it off thinking that it was just my neighbor's being noisy or something. But then my doorbell started ringing over and over again. It was creeping me out but I had locked the door before getting into the shower so I just figured whoever it was would come back later. I finished my shower and then my phone started ringing. It was my neighbor Emily. So I answered it and she told me to come over. So I got dressed and walked out of my apartment. Once I exited out of my door I hear a whisper. "Lindsey...Lindsey...Lindsey..." It was coming from the furnace room inbetween my apartment and my next door neighbor's apartment. Talk about creepy... right? So I walked over to the utility closet and opened the door and out pops some of my Virginia friends, Sara Chanson and Lindsey. They basically scared the bejeepers out of me. We then met up with Emily and Jessica and got onto the roof and ate otter pops. :) It was an absolutely marvelous day. 
Monday was great too. For FHE we had a pillow/marshmallow fight! Best FHE activity ever. The best part was having the EFY kids stare at us. Hahaha. If I was an EFY kid I would totally want to come to BYU after seeing that. One guy from the ward did run over to them bellowing a war cry while waving his pillow over his head. It was basically hilarious. While Emily and I were walking home we pillow-fought as we crossed the street. I bet the cars driving by thought we were totally insane... :)
Then yesterday was a devotional by Brad Wilcox. It was so good. He talked about grace. He emphasized that there isn't a certain amount of work we need to do to have Christ's grace. Christ is with us during the race not just at the finish line. He used the analogy of piano lessons. 
“Mom pays the piano teacher. Because mom pays the debt in full, she can turn to her child and ask for something. What is it? Practice. Does the child’s practice pay the piano teacher? No. Does the child’s practice repay mom for paying the piano teacher? No. Practice is how the child shows appreciation for mom’s incredible gift. It is how he takes advantage of the incredible opportunity that mom is giving him to live his life at a higher level. Mom’s joy is not found in getting repaid, but in seeing her gift used — seeing her child improve. And so she continues to call for practice, practice, practice....The child must practice the piano, but this practice has a different purpose than punishment or payment. Its purpose is change.”
I absolutely loved the devotional. The devotionals here are just so great. I always learn so much. And I got to sit with Kayla and Aubrie. I love those two ladies. :)
We also had a movie night last night. It was so great. We watched "The Italian Job." And by watched I mean we had "The Italian Job" on as we talked and played keep-a-way with a soccer ball. It was a lot of fun. Oh and then Spencer showed us this video...

How crazy is that? I love it.

For Fourth of July weekend I went down to St. George with my brother Greg.  St. George is in Southern Utah and it is hot! On one of the days we were there it was 108 degrees!
Anyway, we get there Friday at like 11 PM. On Saturday morning Greg and I went to the temple. The St. George Temple is absolutely beautiful. I love it. One quote from Sheri Dew from the aforementioned fireside was "When you enter the temple you leave the world of make-believe." I love those words.



After that we went to see Cars 2. It was not anywhere near as good as the original. We then went swimming in my Grandma’s pool which was super-duper fun. I really like swimming. I should do it more. Sunday was rather uneventful. We just spent time together as a family. Monday we drove home.   
On Monday night a group of us got together and played kickball and went to the fireworks! It was so fun. :)
 Hahahaha we took this picture as we were stuck in traffic on the way home. I kind of enjoy it a lot. Hahaha.
Anyway, life is so good. :) I am just having the best time. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story.” -Orson Welles

During freshman orientation, we had one ceremony called "Tradition of Honor." We sat outside the porch of Main Hall and took a pledge to honor. All of the orientation leaders said it was so significant because you started your time outside of Main Hall and you would end your time outside of Main Hall with graduation. On that day, I pictured myself graduating and getting my diploma. I never thought I would transfer. Well, this is it...my last day in Virginia. I've been trying to decide what to write my last blog on for my Virginia experience. I could go on forever about my countless experiences. I could talk about the fact that finals were insanely crazy. I could talk about some adventures I've had over the past few days. But, none of those represent what Virginia was for me. Virginia was the opportunity to meet wonderful people. The people at  the school makes it great. My heart is just so full of gratitude for all of the people I have been so honored to meet. S

"Each of our temples is an expression of our testimony that life beyond the grave is as real and as certain as is our life here on earth." -President Thomas S. Monson

I've enjoyed my time in Utah this week. My favorite day was Thursday by far. I went to lunch with my cousin Ashley. I am so excited to live in the same city as her. She is just great. Later that day, I went up to Temple Square with my friend Jordan. The temple is just such a beautiful sight; I absolutely love it.  The beauty of the exterior of temples just parallels the astounding beauty of all of the covenants that are made within its walls and the beauty of the spirit that is there. All around the temple grounds there were tulips. And in case you haven't been blog stalking me, I love flowers especially tulips. Jordan kept making fun of me because I would stop every five feet to take another picture.... hahaha. So enjoy! I highly enjoy this bird's feather... 30 Rock anyone?

How President Nelson Exemplified the Day of Miracles Has Not Ceased

During the Sunday Morning Session, Elder Donald L. Hallstrom, General Authority Seventy, echoed the question Moroni posed, “Has the day of miracles ceased?” He then affirmed with his words that God still performs miracles. Then, President Russell M. Nelson, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, affirmed it with his actions. As soon as the closing prayer’s “amen” was uttered, President Nelson broke tradition. Instead of waiting for President Henry B. Eyring, first counselor in the First Presidency, to come shake his hand, President Nelson met him halfway, right behind the podium (see above screenshot). He whispered something in President Eyring’s ear, and then the camera cut away. I can’t tell you exactly what happened next. But here’s what I assume. I assume the conversation between the two included President Nelson telling President Eyring that he needed to visit his quorum member, Elder Robert D. Hales.  He then left the Conference Center and headed straight to